It's too early, but what the heck. Silkie guesses? :) PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by featherz, Oct 12, 2010.

1. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I'll post here if I get an egg or a crow out of any of these just as an update.

Almost 9 weeks old, but I know with silkies that's really early! Anyone want to take a wild guess? I plan on keeping at least one of the roos if I can get away with it, although I'll keep as many as I can get away with since they're so adorable. [​IMG] If they are ALL boys I guess I'll be hatching more eggs next year!

1. Black silkie #1:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Black silkie #2 - this one was HARD to get a pic of! s/he will not sit still!:
    [​IMG]

3. Partridge showgirl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. White Silkie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Splash? Silkie - this one is the biggest and most agressive, so I am thinking roo here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Black Silkie #3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Oh My! They all look like roos to me, except the white one... HOPEFULLY, I'M WRONG!!!

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    [​IMG] uhmm... I think they're all roo's too, except the white

The showgirl appears to have a single comb also...

4. JenEric Farms

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Yeah, I noticed the single comb too...

5. JenEric Farms

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    Hopefully we suck at guessing this early! [​IMG]

6. VioletBlueIvy

VioletBlueIvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    I have to agree, all roo's except the white one.
    The naked neck is just toooo cute [​IMG], I laughed out loud when I saw that one, you can send him to me if you dont want him! [​IMG]

7. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Hahahahahha ! Well it's ok, we shall see in a month or two.. or threee. [​IMG] If they are all roos, I'll keep the showgirl and rehome the rest! [​IMG] I have a ton of other roos to rehome from my non silkie hatch too, but waiting until they are six weeks to post those for your guesses. Some are so obvious I won't bother (the ones with huge red combs at three weeks.. doh!).

I sold half this hatch because I had too many - just my luck I kept all the roos! [​IMG] And yes, the showgirl has a single comb. Not sure how that happened, but I wasn't even expecting to get a showgirl so it's all a surprise to me!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  8. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Er... I kinda think they're all roos except for the white one as well. Well, they are pretty! [​IMG]

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Actually, I missed one. not sure why, but I have one more grey colored silkie that I didn't get a shot of - poor thing, forgotten. LOL Based on your comments, that one may be female as s/he has the rounder head poof like the white one and no comb to speak of. So I may have five males and two females. We'll see in a few more months, I guess! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by