1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

IT'S WORKING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Oct 17, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I know the temps are right and the humidity is where it should be but the doubt is always there. Tonight I took a flashlight and tried to see something. I'm just at day 5 but on two eggs I could see veins!!!

Hurray it's really working!!!!!!!!! I plan on candleing at day 10 to see just what I have.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. That's great! You have chicks growing!! Congratulations!
    You know, it's always been a bit of a miracle to me that we can 'grow a chick' in an artificial environment --- be it an electric skillet / styrofoam box / incubator.
    The hens make it seem so easy, but it never, never ceases to amaze me [​IMG]

I hope your little ones continue to grow [​IMG]

Lisa

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Hey Marsha!
    Congrats! How many are you incubating? It is very exciting and addicting. What kind of eggs are they?

Lisa [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Hi Lisa, I have 12 silkie eggs that I got from Sassy Silkies. My boys are looking forward to having some girls around:D Moogie is just the greatest by the way. I'll have to send you an updated pic of him.

5. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    That would be great! I'd love to see him. Glad your babies are doing so good. SILKIE BABIES, YAY !!!!! [​IMG] What color did you get, or did you get an assortment? I hope you get a great hatch! [​IMG]

Lisa

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats! I candled my ameraucana eggs tonight and I have 3 that are growing and the rest not to sure but will candle again on day 10 to look for any changes. Good luck with your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by