Itsybitsie says hello

Itsybitsie

In the Brooder
May 22, 2022
I moved to a small town in NC a year ago out of both the city and an HOA!. I've been interested in having chickens for a few years and began to seriously consider it a few months ago. I read blogs, talked to chicken keepers and asked questions. Then I was wondering if I was too late this year, walked into Tractor Supply one more time and this time the chicks were on sale for a dollar apiece. So instead of buying four as I originally thought, I walked out with six-- three Cinnamon Reds and three Sapphire Gems. My interest at this time is just the eggs, but who knows?

We have two small indoor dogs and a fenced yard and have assembled a henhouse with quiet solar-powered fans. We have a run which we will assemble this week and then I plan to put the chicks in it. We got them the first of May and they have grown so much! But they eat all the time too!

I have a few vegetables growing in pots on the sunny deck. and just recently got indoor vertical tower gardens. I bought a packet of seeds of chicken herbs to plant this week as well.

I am currently reading Raising Chickens for Dummies, which is how I found this site.

Back
Top Bottom