Itty bitty Serama!(Pic added)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Gerbil, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    Earlier I posted about my little Serama and his crop problem. His problem is mostly gone, he still has a little trouble eating and drinking but he is really tiny. This goes beyond runt, he is about a quarter of the size of the other Serama chicks(He is separated from them) his wing feathers are growing, they look really goofy on him, but his tail is not. He is energetic and he eats everything but, I am still worried. Anything I can do for him? I will post a pic of him compared to the other chicks soon.

Thanks, Gerbil

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I always talk about baby parrot food- it's a powder you feed the baby parrots mixed with water. In this case, I would mix crumbles half and half with the powder- super-nutritious and that will help to ensure each little bit he gets is as good for him as possible. I'd also mix a thick paste out of it and offer it to him.

3. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    OK I will see about getting some. [​IMG]

4. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    [​IMG]

They are both the same age. [​IMG]

5. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    I forgot to add that he still does green poos now and then, like when he first hatched. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  6. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Wow-cause seramas aren't tiny enough!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Is it possible that the little bitty is just a class A serama, and maybe the others will be C's or larger? If he just got off to a slow start, he may just get his growth later on. First we'll watch that his health is okay, and second we'll get him on Jay Leno as the world's tiniest chicken.

8. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    He seems healthy enough, just really tiny. He sure makes a lot of noise whenever we put him home. He is our little bitty chickie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by