I've always thought she was a Golden Phoenix, but...

LeeshyDawn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
I saw a photo of a Old English Hen and she looks a lot like her. The only difference, I can see with my untrained eye, is my chicken has white earlopes. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,
Leeshy

LeeshyDawn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Thanks! I hadn't even heard of that kind of Chicken! Ha-ha! Put she does look a lot like the photos on Google. I got her from a farm as a chick and the lady said she was a Phoenix. But, the more I look at pictures I'm starting to think she isn't.

LeeshyDawn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
I think Rhode Island Reds have red ear lopes which is the reason I wasn't thinking Old English. But the Leghorns do have white ear lopes, so that might be the winner. I would love to hear more suggestions. Not sure if it matters but she is Bantam sized. I just want to know if I've misrepresenting her this whole time! Yikes!

Rowtag

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Murfreesboro, TN
I was going to say Brown Leghorn... she is not a RIR, as you said red earlobes, the shape is all wrong, etc for a Rhode Island Red (not to mention the color). I only had one brown leghorn, so I am not 100%, but that would be my guess.

LeeshyDawn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 1, 2011
Thanks! It's really crazy how much alike chickens can look to an amateur, like me. I'm thankful for the comments!

akcountrygrrl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
Nenana, AK
What color legs does she have? Brown Leghorns should have yellow legs. Phoenix hens tend to have a little longer tail and the feathers in front of the tail tend to be a little longer.

Top Bottom