I've been a very bad girl

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by horsejody, Nov 8, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I went to the auction today. I was supposed to be looking for a new feeder. I didn't find a feeder, so I got 2 chickens insted. DH should know better than to not go with me. DDIL bought a bunny. I got a Buff Cochin and a big fat muffed something or other. I'm thinking she is some sort of EE or a cross. She does have green legs. She seems to be a bit of a more mature girl. It looks like nobody has cut her toe nails in a while. The Cochin is now named Buttercup. I was going to name the other Lois, But I think I might call her Muffy instead. What do you guys think would be better?

2. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Ilike Muffy personaly. I would have done the same thing if I were there lol

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Are you supposed to cut their nails [​IMG] Nobody told me that.

4. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    Quote:I have never been to an auction.....and that is exactly why...LOL [​IMG]

5. chickmamawannabe

chickmamawannabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Canby, Or-y-gun
    Quote:Their nails only get overgrown if they are kept in a wire cage. If they have access to a run, it shouldn't be a problem. [​IMG]

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Whew, I was all worried about my girls.... Mostly about how upset they'll be if I try to cut their nails [​IMG]

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    if you name her Muffy, she's going to want polo shirts and and tretorn shoes!
    preppy chickens unite!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Their nails only get overgrown if they are kept in a wire cage. If they have access to a run, it shouldn't be a problem. [​IMG]

I sure am glad to read that!! I was wondering how I was gonna cut their nails!!!

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] Then once you're really annoyed them - might as well PAINT the nails a nice red or pink! [​IMG]

10. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Quote:[​IMG] Then once you're really annoyed them - might as well PAINT the nails a nice red or pink! [​IMG]

If you paint those chickens nails red or pink, you sure won't have to trim them again the other chickens will take them nails right off at the polish LOL

Jody you where a good girl when ? LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by