I've been EXPOSED!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    to what we commonly call the Roto Rotor Virus.
    You all know the "one"

well, my office manage just poked her head in and asked if I had been in the office with the owner yesterday. "

Yup, for a bit." I say

"Well, just so you know. He is home with that stomach virus. You know "the" one"

"yup." I say. To myself I say "rotten man"

" Just wanted to let you know who to blame" she says as she ducks back into her office.

only good thing that can possibly come from this, if I get it.. which I am pretty much guaranteed to, is that last time(2 Christmas's ago) I got this I lost 5 lbs and never gained it back.

I guess I can start the Alli thing after I am through what is no doubt coming my way.

but can you all say a prayer that my 6 year old doesnt get it?Last time she some how managed to not end up with it. Maybe I will be as lucky this time as well.

2. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    2 people called out sick and one came in with that nasty bug today.... guess who's next on the sick list?!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Tis the season folks! I had a cold that lasted two weeks even with Zicam!!! How does one stay home from work for two weeks? Can't afford it. Besides I didn't start it. [​IMG]

4. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    'Tis the season. The kids and grandma had that one over Christmas. Our most recent one was the headache/4-day fever virus.

Don't you just wish people would leave their sorry butts at home in bed when they are sick instead of coming to work to share stuff around? That goes for all you parents out there who send your kid to school sick. If they have a fever or throw up, for God's sake kept the little darlings at home. We don't need their pestiferous little germs coming to our homes.

Hope you manage to dodge it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  5. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I just got sick, with a cold though. Hope you get over yours fast.

It's fun to stay home from school when you're a kid, not so fun to stay home at work when you're paid hourly like I am.... the alternative being to expose other people to the virus... it's a no-win situation.

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I just had that [​IMG]. It was awful and long... I also had sore throat, headache, etc. The good news? I lost 4 lbs!

7. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    That is why I get a flue shot every year [​IMG]

piecemaker

8. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    prayers for you and your child to be protected! [​IMG]

wash hands wash hands wash hands wash hands wash hands....[​IMG]

9. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I ran a daycare for 13 years. I spent the first ten of them sick, sick, sick and sick. Now I rarely get anything other then food poisoning. I'm sorry you might get sick...I really hope you don't. [​IMG]

10. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    mom'sfolly :

'Tis the season. The kids and grandma had that one over Christmas. Our most recent one was the headache/4-day fever virus.

Don't you just wish people would leave their sorry butts at home in bed when they are sick instead of coming to work to share stuff around? That goes for all you parents out there who send your kid to school sick. If they have a fever or throw up, for God's sake kept the little darlings at home. We don't need their pestiferous little germs coming to our homes.

Hope you manage to dodge it.

I agree!

Unfortunately employers don't always!! I remember calling off because I was sick, went to the Dr., took in my Dr.'s slip and my manager said it wan't accpetable! I was fired!!!!!!

Guess they wanted me to come make everyone else sick!!!!!!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by