I've been hatching.. (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sara, Mar 6, 2009.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I broke out the incubator and put eggs in about 2 months ago now. I've had the thing running nonstop since then. It's gotten out of hand to the point that I had to buy another incubator this week. [​IMG]

Here's some of my hatchlings:
    Project Orpingtons and Lavender Ameraucanas
    [​IMG]
    I'm very excited about the size on these Orp project babies, notice the difference between it and the Ameraucana from the same hatch day. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I have an incubator full of Black Orpington eggs, Ameraucana Eggs, lavender EE'rs, and more project Orpington eggs.

My poor DH just keeps asking how many more eggs I am going to set, and gets this funny expression when I say I am going to see Harry. lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

[​IMG]

3. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Beautiful birds! I love the Orps! [​IMG]

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Looking good Sara! I've got my eye on those Lavender Ameraucanas. [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:My split pullets are laying now, so I can hatch my own LF lavenders now along with all the great eggs I got from Harry. I'm so excited!

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    If you still have eggs available....

I have a bator you can borrow [​IMG] no sense letting any eggs go unhatched [​IMG]

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:Thanks for the offer. I just blew a wad on a Sportsman. Going to pick it up tonight. Yikes [​IMG] [​IMG] You'll have to take a ride to the Covered Bridge to get some excess chicks. lol

8. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck Sara with your projects, wish you the best, just be prepared for lots of space needed. Thats one thing with projects lots of space or you'll end up with lots picking problems..

Charlie

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Thanks Charlie. I don't plan to keep too many birds (trying to keep quality over quantity as the goal and cull as much as possible) so I hopefully shouldn't have any issues [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  10. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup i know how it feels, fortunately we must keep as many as we can here to pick and choose from..so space is very precious to us..

I'm Glad others are pursuing the lavender dreams as well. [​IMG]

Charlie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by