I've been lurking......

4F FARM

Songster
12 Years
Jan 7, 2008
North Idaho
Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this site for months. I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I thank each of you for all the information you are willing to share with eachother. I look forward to adding my two cents in if you will have it.

Faye

Faye,
Welcome to BYC. It is a great site. Anything you want to know about chickens ...and much much more.

Do you have chooks? Or are you planning to get them?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Faye! I am glad to hear you have been enjoying the site and have decided to join in. I truly feel everyone has something valuable to add and it is great that we have so many helpful people on here with so many diverse experiences. Feel free to join in anytime.

Jody

No more lurking. Jump right in.
frow.gif

I haven't had chickens since I was a kid and rescued the neighbor's flea ridden chicks. Mom never has forgotten me bringing fleas into the house. A few years ago we moved to the country and now I am set to start again (minus the fleas). I have been chicken crazy for a while now, but I you ask my husband he will just tell you I am crazy altogether.

I am convincing my husband that the chickens will help keep the grasshoppers down that are eating everything in the yard, including all my vegetables!

Thanks for welcoming me.

Hi Faye....welcome! That's the reason I got chickens....grasshoppers were eating all my flowers! I borrowed a couple of chickens from a farmer and never gave them back. They took care of the grasshoppers alright and the slugs, and everything else in sight!! I now have 16 and not a bug in sight!!
D.gif

Welcome or...
Kolipaio (Abenaki Indian)
Aang (Aleut: Alaska, Siberia)
Vitame vás (Czech Rep)
Welkom (Dutch)
Aloha mai (Hawaii)
Irashaimasu (Japanese)
Bun venit (Romanian)
Dobro pozhalovat' (Russian)
Välkommen (Swedish)
Hos geldiniz (Turkish)

Couldn't we have a fun thread with this one?

It's an easy place to lurk!!! Morning, night and day! I'm pretty sure a lot of significant others think they are just (chicken) crazy, mine does!

Back
Top Bottom