I've been mooned by my hens!

AHDCST

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Albemarle,NC
gig.gif
lau.gif
I was actually mooned by my Black Sexlink hens! Three of the six have the barest, brightest pink, bare butts I have ever seen! I only noticed it yesterday but I know they haven't been that way for long. What could be wrong? They already went through the molt stage. There are no other chickens in the pen with them. They have been laying for about two months.They are healthy and happy and fat chickens! I just can't figure it out! I need some help please it is cold in NC and they don't have any insulation back there!

barnie.gif
Lice?!! Great! If that is true are they lice that could get on people and how do I treat them if it is Lice?Help me someone please!

UPDATE!! I have 6 Black Sexlink hens. 5 have still got the bare rears and 1 is just as fluffy as can be. I just happened to be in the back yard and I heard squawking coming from their pen. The one and only fluffy hen was going around behind the others and gooching them on the rear! She kept going around and around to each one and pulling out tail feathers and fluff! The funniest part about it is the fluffy one was the bottom of the pecking order when they were chicks! All the other hens gave her a fit until just recently. I have heard the squeaks before but never looked to see what was going on cause it is the same sound the hens make when the roos are mating! It was the funniest thing I have seen them do yet!

Remove the feather picker away from the others for a week. That will shake up the pecking order and when you return the feather picker, the
tables will be turned. OR, put some Vicks Vapor Rub on the bottoms of your picked hens. When the feather picker gets mouthful of that....heheheh.

Imagine putting VapoRub on your own bottom! I know I wouldn't! Rooster booster pick no more or BluKote would work.

hmm.png
I don't want to encourage a bully but I also don't like the way the other hens treated her when they were little. I do think anything on their raw butts would hurt. I w guess I need to find some bluekote. Would they have it at the feed store?

Back
Top Bottom