1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've been reading for years, just decided to join in.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Drapery Mary, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Drapery Mary

Drapery Mary Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Hi, I'm Mary.[​IMG]

Like my title says, I've been reading this forum for years, ever since I thought about getting some chickens a few years back. I can Google anything about chickens and it leads me right back here, so I figure I might as well join in now that I actually have a few chickens.

I just hatched out my first two chicks from an incubator and have one that is unzipping as I type. They are from a Blue Copper Marans rooster (or so I was told, I'm really not sure but he has feathered legs and is beautiful) and a Black Jersey Giant hen.

They are the cutest little things! I'm in love, love, LOVE!

I also have 4 cuckoo marans, one of them a rooster. 2 light brahmas, 1 pullet and 1 iffy, but I'm pretty sure he is a roo.

Then there are the weird trio I have that consists of the rooster I mentioned before, Blue Copper Marans, and 2 Jersey Giants, 1 blue and 1 black.

So that's me...now I'm off to read that thread that lead me here today on wheaten and blue marans discussion.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Drapery Mary, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community!

3. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Mary, glad that you have joined BYC.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]love your avatar Mary [​IMG]

9. Drapery Mary

Drapery Mary Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone, it's nice to be able to join in on topics.

@drumstick diva, thanks, I had it made a few years back to try and stay anonymous on the forums I was active in at that time. That was before Pinterest, Facebook, and all that made it impossible, but I'm still trying.

10. Kilsharion

Kilsharion Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Landstown
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Great group of people and wonderful information. I joined for the same reason - everytime I'd look for information, I'd wind up right back here. Figured, I might as well take part as just read. Especially once I started having questions......And, being of gregarious genetic disposition ...well...I'd fall over dead if I couldn't ramble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by