1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

i've been stalking for awhile

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lovincolorado, Jan 26, 2013.

1. lovincolorado

lovincolorado Out Of The Brooder

Jul 28, 2012
    Bailey, CO
    hello from colorado! I've been stalking these forums for ~1yr now. We built our 8x8 coop last spring. I researched design etc from right here on BYC. I enjoy obsessing about the details, and planning. We even helped build a coop for a friend and her 36 girls!
    I acquired my layers (BO, and delaware) from the feed store, and obtained silkies from a breeder. 2 sebright roosters in the mix as well!!
    Over the year, we have fought with a neighborhood black fox while allowing the girls to "free range" in a less then secure fenced run- apparently a low spot in the fence made for easy pickins. We added electric, and haven't fed the fox for several months now. (fingers crossed). My DH has seen here stalkin, but says she keeps on truckin! We think she has felt the zap!! I know my coonhound has, and he has had words!!
    My 4 year old son showed his silkie ("Debbie") at the Feather fanciers meet in October. He was really nevous for junior showmanship! We placed 4th/5th despite stiff competition and our first show!!!!!
    We are having a blast with the girls. The silkies were supposed to be a breeding/showing project for my son, but we are just having tough luck. We only have 2 silkie hens left. Our awesome rooster disappeared one dusk [​IMG]

Getting chicken fever to revamp that project, feeling more secure again. I can remain silent no longer!!
    Thanks for all you knowledge and experience!

2. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, lovincolorado, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Sounds like you are having a great time with your birds!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, it's about time you contributed after all that great resource stuff on BYC assisted you!

<I><*waves forefinger*></I>

J/K - welcome to BYC membership, former "guest."

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Keep your son involved - we need more young fanciers.

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Dnetschke

Dnetschke Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2012
    Berthoud, CO
    [​IMG] NOCO!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by