I've Calmed Down

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by herfrds, Jul 31, 2010.

1. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Was pretty ticked off last night.

This guy I won a small claims judgement from has run into DH a couple of times.
    First time he told DH he had paid the butcher for our beef, not true. Butcher is looking through he receipts for the bill.
    Then last night he wanted me to call him.
    Why?

He wanted to know the date in which I sent him the bill.
    Ok that is easy I sent it 9-9-08 because he had to sign for it. The one I can prove.
    Called him and he wouldn't answer his phone, no surprise here he's done this before.

Left him a message telling him the date, the total amount now since the hearing and how we want to be paid or I was going to file to have his wages garnished.

3 minutes later he calls back, but since I was still mad about the whole thing I didn't answer the phone. i knew I was going to be nasty to him and didn't want to be.
    He leaves a message telling me he had turned the whole thing over to his lawyer and he has stopped the wage garnish and that is why we have not been paid and unless I'm nicer to him we won't be.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I haven't even filed the paperwork yet.

Called DH and played the message to him. He is not happy. I told him to just stay away from this guy because he is a liar trying to keep us from collecting. He called back while I was talking to DH, but I didn't answer.

I always try to get the "reckless" mad out first and then I can think clearer.
    Boy am I going to have some time this next week.

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Save the message and play it for your lawyer. I doubt such a thing would go over well in court. I would also consider getting a restraining order for this person if he continues to harass your family.

3. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:I agree. Your lawyer would love to have a copy of that message.

I am alot like you Herds, When I get mad I have to go off and cool down so I can think clearly or else I tend to make a bad situation worse. [​IMG] I hope this situation resolves itself soon, so you can have your money and not have to deal with this guy anymore!

4. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Going to take the papers to the Judge for the wage garnish either Monday or Tuesday when she is in and the message.

Funny part is he is going to have to pay for the papers being seved on him this time. [​IMG]

I'm going to call our phone company about putting a block on his number.

Too bad we cannot charge him interest.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I don't know that I'd block his number just yet. I just would screen all calls for a while. Sounds like he will leave messages on your machine. It might give you more ammunition for later.

6. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:Very good point; leave the block off, but screen all calls. Since you have already received a judgement against him, you may be able to have any bank assets seized (up to the amount of the judgement). If it has been that long since the judgement, with no effort to pay, you may well be entitled to late fees and interest. If you have an attorney, that is a good question to ask. You should also find out what it would take to ensure that his refusal to pay is reflected on his credit.

Oh, and so what if he paid the butcher? You won a financial judgement against him. Unless he was ordered to pay your butcher bill (which seems doubtful), that does not take care of his obligation to you.

7. herfrds

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    Thank you for the good advice.

He bought this beef 3 years ago, but I got the judgement not quite 2 years ago. He kept promising to pay.

Changed our selling practice too since this guy. I deliever the beef and get a check or cash right there or I take it home with me. We made an exception with him, never again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by