I've done gone crazy! TSC is bad. lol

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazyland, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    I went out with a friend today and we stopped at TSC just to see when they would get chicks in. Of course they had some *cough* eleven pullets in. I get some for my daughter who is 7 today. When I get home I went calling around to 3 other TSC stores. One was wiped out last year from tornados and they never rebuilt. One won't get any for 3 months! and the other said they had about 200! Wahoo! Loaded up the kids and off we went. I came home with 12 bantams! I really was only thinking 8 at the most, honest.
    Darn TSC doesn't tell you their hatchery so I don't know what list to look on to try and guess breeds for these bantams. The first is the only one with puffy cheeks and feathered feet.
    [​IMG]

This one is just so cute! And also incredibly tiny! I have two of these.

[​IMG]

These two look to be the same breed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barred rock? but don't think so...

[​IMG]

got me on this!

[​IMG]

Another chipmonk but bigger than the other two. The rest of them are like this...

[​IMG]

I think I like guessing the standard breeds better! hahahaha But I love the size of bantams.

2. kitmarlowescot2

kitmarlowescot2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    http://www.mthealthy.com/page/1395107

The TSC in Williamsburg and Glocesuter VA told me they used Mt Healthy, and since you are in NC. I betcha they used the same hatchery, here is a link to Mt. Healthy, hopefully this helped.

3. Crazyland

Crazyland Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    Sandhills NC
    I was on there a little while ago. Thanks! :)

I think my guesses are D'uccle, white wyandotte, barred rock, OE, wellsummer and I don't know.... lmao

edit to add *NOT IN THAT ORDER*

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by