Ive fallen madly in love.....with Silkies! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jaimie44, Jun 7, 2010.

1. jaimie44

jaimie44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    I really thought I had my addiction under control. I got the breeds I wanted... leghorns, brahmas, wyandottes, RIR, and a couple mutts that Im not sure what they are. Then two week-ends ago, hubby, aka: THE ENABLER, got the bright idea to hit up the swap meet. And there they were...Silkies! and they were peeping for me to come hither. So we brought them home.OMG!Cute overload!!! I got 3 black, one white, one ? (if any one can tell me what the dark one with the white mixed in is towards the top of the pic, Id be grateful! Im thinking its a blue?) and the little one I think is a partridge. I wasnt going to get him at first. He had quite a few feathers missing from his back but I felt bad for him and hes looking better now. We are building them their own little coop and pen seperate from the others, I intend to spoil them rotten and then get some more! Or maybe Ill just wait, see if I have hens and rooster(s) and wait for the magic to happen! [​IMG]
    BTW I gave $20 for all six! The guy selling them said he was doing it for his wife-she was supposed to be there and he was supposed to be home watching tv and drinking a cold beer (his words). Im guessing he felt a little dis-gruntled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fuzzy Butts!
    [​IMG]

2. Blueggchick

Blueggchick ♥Dar's Blue Bayou Chicks♥

Apr 18, 2009
    SE LA
    Way too cute! I was thinking of getting a couple of silkies also. Adorable!

3. LittleChocobo

LittleChocobo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    Yes! Silkies are definitely my breed of choice for my first chickens. I'm going to call the local feed store tomorrow and see if they'll get silkies any time soon. Alternately, if they're willing to get the hatchlings in and hold them for me -- I really don't trust the postal service out here. They chuck our packages into the bushes at the end of our driveway, after all...

4. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    wow you got a GREAT deal
    i love silkies too [​IMG]

5. k7ailaan

k7ailaan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2010
    I think I'm in love now .. they look amazing

a GREAT deal !!

6. painterman

painterman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2010
    london
    [​IMG] wow they are well cute. im not suprised ur over the moon [​IMG] i must try and paint a silkie again soon [​IMG]

7. crazy chook

crazy chook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Langwarrin, Victoria
    I soo want silkies, they are adorable [​IMG]

I wish i was lucky enough to find 6 of them for just $20.[​IMG]

8. jaimie44

jaimie44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2010
    About the price....Im pretty sure the guy didnt know what he was doing. Their cage was the only one that didnt have a price card on it. I asked how much and he called his wife and asked her. He tried to describe what cage they were in and I dont think SHE realized what birds he was talking about. He didnt even know what they were called! He hung up and said $4 each [​IMG] I had originally told him I wanted 3. So we went looking to buy a dog carrier to take them home in, found one, bought it and headed back to get the chcicks. When we got there he said he would sell them all for $20 and of course I jumped on it! He really didnt want to be there and just wanted to get home to that lazy boy chair and a cold beer! I bet his wife wasnt happy about the silkies being sold for that price...

9. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Did he happen to mention how old they are? They are so cute! [​IMG]

(I think I see 2 roos. I really hope that's not why they were so cheap [​IMG])

10. mlove

mlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    tx
    Congrats! They are adorable!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by