I've finally got me some Mountain Quail eggs!! Anyone else raise them?

drowe005

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Corapeake NC
After weeks and weeks of losing auctions and hours of searching for Mountain quail eggs, I finally found a breeder with reasonable prices and got myself a dozen eggs to hatch. Recently, I've seen auctions on ebay and eggbid selling eggs for as low as $8 an egg, all the way up to $20 an egg, and I was lucky enough to get them for $5 each. So hopefully Ill have a good hatch and on the way to having my own flock. Does anyone else out there raise Mountain quail? Any pictures or experiences/tips with them would be appreciated. Thanks

Wyogirl

Songster
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Cody, WY
thumbsup.gif

Good luck, i have sen the prices on ebay OUCH, so am first practicing with coturnix and gambel's quail, so far so good!
Ayda

drowe005

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Corapeake NC
Am I really the only person on here that is about to have mountain quail? A site with so many members on it you'd think thered be atleast one other person

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Not that many folks keep mountain quail. They are a pretty breed of bird. I guess you will learn as you go by trial and error. I have heard they are a bit challenging to raise, but well worth the work. Enjoy this great species of quail!

BayGoose

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
PA
One day I'll try some Mountain Quail! I'm too busy with my current birds and mountains are a little pricey to take a risk at hatching them. Husband will yell at me if I get any more birds
smile.png
Because he'd have to build another pen/coop for me lol

NickNgo

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
i have 5 mountain, 6-7weeks old , they are beautyfull bird. i know someone in CT sale a dozen for $25

drowe005

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Corapeake NC
Nice, Ive got 6 that I can have pipped so far right now and hopefully should be coming out the shell soon. Hopefully there is some more coming to that I just cant see where the pipped. How long have you raised Mountain quail for or is this your first time? Do you know of a way I could get ahold of the person with the eggs? I wouldn't mind getting another dozen to get another bloodline.

Zuni

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 24, 2012
Does the person in Ct, selling Mountain quail eggs, still going to sell eggs for $25/doz
If their prices are that reasonable, could you connect me to them. I'm just starting to raise birds again after a 25 year hiatus. I am retired in New Mexico, and used to raise
Mountains in Pa. I would love to start raising quail again. I had great success in Pa...now I hope to do the same in NM.
Thanks...I appreciate it...Z

drowe005

Songster
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Corapeake NC
I was trying to find out who this person in CT was but never got a response from the other guy to find out. In my opinion, $25 for a dozen sounds too good to be true and if they are mountain quail, I would assume that theyre not purebreed. But then again, you never know. I got my eggs, for what I would say was a great deal, at $5 an egg; so $60 for a dozen. For the past year, they have averaged for about $10-$15 an egg.

Top Bottom