I've gone quail crazy folks!

Ace_king_brahma

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Castroville, Texas
It started with and was supposed to be a focus on bobwhite quails. But after disappointing hatch and survival rate of my bobwhites I bought a dozen of manchurian quail eggs. And their hatch rate and survival impressed me into getting more coturnix eggs. Next was a mix of Texas A&M and regular corturnix and was pleased with them as well.

Now I can't seem to get enough of these enchanting little creatures! I plan to sell half my regular coturnix and keep some of the best for myself. I have 35 mixed eggs of TAMs, tibetian chocolates, tuxedos and more manchurians.

ANd if that wasn't enough I won a dozen California Valley quail eggs! I have all I need to know on the bobwhites and coturnix as I have raised them before but the Valley quail are entirely new to me. Is there any special requirements that I might need to provide for them? I've been told they do best when raised on the ground rather than cages.

LOL...I think we are all afflicted with the same disease...I am having a similiar problem with ducks and geese and by the looks of it on this site you and I are not alone!
wink.png

We need a support group.

LOL. Yep, we need a poultry-holics group or hotline to call upon when we get the urge to buy more birds! Most people you ask here will tell you: buy! buy! buy! lol.

I've been hearing the opposite of valley and gambel. I've read on sites that they are the easiest to breed just they require flight pens instead of cages.

They are very wonderful looking birds and look forward to trying my hand at them. But, unlike the bobwhites and coturnix I don't think i would be able to eat these.

Back
Top Bottom