:) I've got 1 pipping!!!! 8/24 @ 1:30pm

afishel

Songster
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Spencer, Ind
I am SUPER EXCITED I CAN"T WAIT TILL HATCH!!

lol.png
I for the 1st time set 25 eggs in my little giant incubator!!
21 eggs are TRUE RIR (not hatchery) the 4 others will b mutts from my friends' white crested polish roo and her barred PR hen!!
It is holding a steady temp of 100.2 with 41% humidity.

I added 2 sponges and the humidity did not go up??? hmmmm dunno what else 2 do! I spoke 2 soon it is up to 44% now. my chicks will hopefully hatch on AUG 15!
jumpy.gif

on another sad note
hit.gif
my Roo disappeared yesterday evening! he was soo sweet! I'm still hoping he just got lost and he'll find his way back!
sad.png
my 10 girls were completely lost 2day without him.

63221_camden_jorgia_in_pumpkin_100.jpg

all the eggs
63221_camden_jorgia_in_pumpkin_101.jpg

1 thru 4 are the mutts up in the left hand corner of pic! I am excited to see what this combination will look like!
63221_camden_jorgia_in_pumpkin_102.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
That is AWESOME what are u hatching!!?

Mahogany Russian Orloffs, I hope... they spent 7 days in transit and got pretty shook up... I hope at least a couple make it!

Quote:
That is AWESOME what are u hatching!!?

Mahogany Russian Orloffs, I hope... they spent 7 days in transit and got pretty shook up... I hope at least a couple make it!

WOW cool I hope so too congrats and good luck!!

I too am on my first hatch I set my eggs on saturday 7/24/10 I have 16 eggs I got in the byc auction section that are olive eggers, then I have 7 absolute mutts i got from a guy down the road that sells yard eggs....have no idea what they are but nothing full blooded I'd bet money on it........
keeping humidity high has npt been a problem for me because I live in south louisiana i havent added any water too it and it stays around 50-55%......

I would like to point out a problem with your humidity...
I noticed your Thermometer with the little lead going into the Bator, The wire lead only measures temp. the humidity reading you are getting is from your indoor reading on the thermometer. youi need to put the whole unit in the incubator to get a correct humidity reading....

I went to a local cigar shop and got a humidity guage they use in cigar humidors and palced it in my bator where I can see it through the windows.

Back
Top Bottom