1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've got a baby!!!!!YAY!!! <<<MORE Pics Added!!!! Go To post #21>>>

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Frozen Feathers, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The babies are hatching!!![​IMG] The babies are hatching!!! [​IMG] Checked on mama Phoenix this morning and she had a little, tiny, perfect black chick under her (Japanese Bantam?? or Jap X) and more eggs were pipping!!! [​IMG] Yay!!!! She has a mix of Silkie, Phoenix and Japanese Bantam eggs under her, so can't wait to see what I end up with! [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so excited.

After so much trouble with broodies this year, hopefully this will be a great hatch. Did I mention I'm so excited???? [​IMG]

Pictures to follow soon!!!!
    UPDATE:
    Now we're up to 4! 3 black ones and one Phoenix!!!!
    [​IMG]
    The four babies....yes I was a naughty and took mama out for a few seconds. She was not impressed. Looks like there is one Phoenix egg left and the rest are all either Silkies or Japs. These chicks are sooo tiny!!
    [​IMG]
    Mama with the little Phoenix sticking it's head out. Mama was the roos favorite, so that's why the feather loss [​IMG]. See how poofed up she is? The risks I take to get pics. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another one of mama. It's hard to see, as they blend in, but there are 2 little black chicks in front and a Phoenix under mamas chin.
    Enjoy. I'll probably add more picks probably tomorrow. Picked her some fresh raspberries and honeysuckle berries. She's an awesome mom!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  2. Katelyn

Katelyn Cooped Up

Jun 2, 2007
    Oh I just love new babies! I never get tired of it, no matter how many times I have hatched.

Good luck and post pics!

3. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I want to see pics!! Congrats!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    It's so exciting take pictures when you can.

jackie

5. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Congrats and give momma a treat for being so good.

6. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    So exciting! Go mama![​IMG]

7. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I can't wait until some of my chickens go broody! (They're nowhere near old enough now- it won't happen until next year).

Congradulations and post pics as soon as you can! I love to see the mama hen with her babies!

8. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    *bump* so you all can see the pics. [​IMG]

9. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Oh, too cute! [​IMG]

10. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps