Ive got a big bad tom cat spraying everywhere/ hoping to trap him.

bantymum

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
4 hours from Sydney Australia
Hi all,
Theres a new boy on the block here, he is spraying next to my back door so My cat sprays too to compete for smell!
He is huge and I would guess that maybe he killed my old bunnies by causing them a heart attack.

Anyhow my burmese is a third of his size but he is a great brave warrior and scares him off after bashing him.
So far my cat hasnt sustained any injuries though I find grey hair from the other cat on my grass after a fight.
We dont usually get strays here so we have been very lucky.
Im setting a trap tonite and hopefully Ill catch him and take him to the shelter, he is after all my animals.

Years ago, I had a stray cat spray my front door every night. I finally caught him and took him to the shelter. I didn't even have a cat!

We had one of those at our last house....

I used Vinegar, and it worked for the most part, but needed to be poured around often.

The vinegar keeps them away - or in my case it did.

GOOD LUCK - hope you can catch him!

Is there any way you could find the owner first. I would hate for someones pet to come up missing. I understand that it smells awful... i have a cat and have had one for years. You can also put amaonia(SP?) too and that will make him scat too.

I have one around my place. I can't catch him and he has a bad eye. I've resorted to shooting at him with the pellet gun. i don't hit him, but he takes off for a few days. People dump there cats here all the time. I live down the road from a shelter, so I've caught tons of cats and taken them down, but this one is wild.

Ammonia smells tend to encourage them to pee in a certain area, so I'd not do that one. That's why they say not to use any cleaners with ammonia in them to clean up pee spots in the house. It's what urine tends to be made up of.
smile.png

I hope you catch him!

Thankyou all, I plan to take him to check him for a microchip so we can see whether he has a responsible owner nearby.
He has only started to come since a fortnight ago.
Ill try the vinegar method as well until I catch him.

Back
Top Bottom