I've got a broody!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Poultry Peanut, Apr 18, 2009.

1. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

She is a black australorp named "paint" I think she started today [​IMG] [​IMG] so excited b/c we have had problems with her because she would go broody in the middle of winter and we would have to "break her" but this time she chose the right time this time [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] tomorrow will be day 1 as I am a benevolent dictator so I told her she could sit but I CHOSE THE EGGS!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Love it!!!

So, the questions is......What eggs did you chose for her?

3. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    that is wonderful! we're gonna need pics of mommy sitting and then the babies...get your camera ready! what is she going to hatch for you?

4. The Poultry Peanut

I gave her 4 brown eggs, 2 bantam eggs, i think 2 EE eggs, and 2 white eggs. I won't say what breed the eggs came from because we ALWAYS get mutts and we have several breeds that lay brown eggs. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

I love broodies! I always let mine set - even if it's the dead of winter.

6. The Poultry Peanut

Quote:Ok ok I will get pics! sheesh what is it with you all and pics?!?!? Just kidding [​IMG] I will get them ASAP!!!!

7. The Poultry Peanut

Okay so this morning I went out to feed them and she came out too I was bummed. When I came home from church she was on her origonal nest as i had tried to move her but she said no! Any way she is on her nest doing her thing I have marcked the eggs because she chose to sit in a popular nest spot. Hopefully she will sit on them all 3 weeks. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. ceadar post

ceadar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    I'm a broody guy to I have three hens going right now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Mostly blue wyandottes.

9. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Lucky you! I have one Serama that I let go broody, then the some of rest tried and I had to break them up, but the silkie, chochin, and D'uccle that we have to hopefully hatch Serama eggs have not yet... [​IMG] Maybe If I go tell them about your hen it will encourage them! Hope she stays there for you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by