Ive got a few !! Help me figure out if ive got roos or pullets !

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tneggchic, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Tneggchic

Tneggchic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2014
    So these are easter egger mix ... are they roos or pullets ! I would not ask .. but no crowing yet .. and i know there has to be a roo or two ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. ochochicas

ochochicas Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2014
    Washington State
    I'm saying the first one is a pullet and the other 3 are cockerels. The last bird is stunning, by the way.

3. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Thats what I am thinking , but wanted others input .. but either way - I am totally smitten by the top one - black/white the personality is amazing ! And I was totally excited when I hatched these out back at the end of September ! For some reason .. I always have late crowers :/ . Granted if those are roos .. its gonna make it harder for me to choose which stays and which goes !

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. ochochicas

ochochicas Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2014
    Washington State
    With a roo you have to go on personality as well as looks. We have a roo now that is a great protector of the flock, but he's started attacking us and has to go. We have three cockerels to replace him and need to narrow it down to one or two. The biggest and most beautiful one is already starting to exhibit signs of being aggressive. The one with the best temperament, of course, is kind of boring looking. Fortunately they are all getting along so they get more time to just hang out and be kids.

5. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Im having to get rid of an australorp for that same reason :(.. he was amazing until a few weeks ago .. And hes hitting the 9 month mark .. which makes it even worse because hes like family family now.

6. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    All roos

7. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    you think ?

8. Percheron chick

Percheron chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2013
    Boulder, Colorado
    All roos. You can see the saddle feathers on all of them.

9. Tneggchic

Mar 24, 2014
    Boo .. I was hoping for atleast one pullet .. and I was so hoping the black/white with a great personality and no comb would have been a pullet ! Oh well .. guess I will need to hatch some more off this spring !

10. David1998

David1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Sexing by color pattern say's 1, 3 and 4 are roos. They could be textbook examples!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by