1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ive Got A Pip!!!!!!!!!!!!! And some questionable advice........

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sweeterdeeter42, Apr 26, 2011.

1. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    I just discovered that Ive got my first pip. I am so excited. So of course I posted the picture on my facebook immediately, lol. And one of my friends comments on it telling me that I am supposed to help it crack open now. WHAT?!?!? Sometimes I wonder...........

Turkey eggs set on 3/30.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  2. g&h farm

g&h farm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2011
    Brooksville, Fl
    WHAT? No Ive never heard that. Unless its differant with turkeys than chickens leave it alone I would deffinatly leave it alone until I did more research.

3. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    No, they are the same as chickens in that aspect. I know that you arent supposed to do that. Thats why its funny. She said she's done that with all of her chicken eggs and never had a problem. Which make me cringe a little. She obviously hasnt heard the story about helping the butterfly out of the cocoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by