I've got a pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Katy, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The first batch of eggs is on day 20 and when I went to check temps and humidities I saw one had pipped. Hopefully I'll have a better hatch than the last one......I had only one hatch!!

2. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Congratulations!

I'm on my first batch in the incubator and the first pip was so exciting! So far, five of my eggs have hatched and I haven't been home or awake to witness any of them. I'm hoping to be able to watch one this weekend...

Good luck!!!

3. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Very exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yes....this point in time is always exciting and nerve racking!! This time I put in some of my own eggs along with the shipped ones, so hopefully I won't have one lone chick to deal with!! There's quite a few that have developed, and hopefully they'll make it out ok.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  5. skeeter9

The one-chick hatch is such a pain! My last hatch was a one-chicker and he is so spoiled. . . .

I'm sure you'll have better luck this time, especially since you put some of your own eggs in.

6. chixrme

chixrme Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2007
    Eastern Shore of VA
    Hi Katy- We've had really good luck lately, hope you do too. We have pips and peeps right now as I type this- Buff Orps.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's great, Katy! Hope it's a great hatch.

8. chixrme

chixrme Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2007
    Eastern Shore of VA
    Just an update since earlier today: one hatchling out! s/he is half buff o and half easter egger.......[​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Just got home and checked the incubator. One more has pipped and the first one has the hole a little bigger. I can see her moving in the egg. It's one of my marans eggs. The other is a shipped SLW. I hope in the morning they will have made progress and that others will have started.

10. skeeter9

Hey Kathy, I hatched some Buff Orp/EE crosses last year - they were very pretty!!

Lori

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by