I've got an Easter egg hen laying light peach/pink eggs.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Benelli, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Benelli

Benelli Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    She's got a black head with mottled pink/aqua ear/eardrums. Has anybody run across this before? The other two hens are a blonde and redhead with aqua ear/eardrums giving me the greenish eggs.

2. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    Nope, but I have an EE like your pink/peach laying one. She isn't laying yet, but It'd be interesting to see if she lays the same colour as yours.

3. Benelli

Benelli Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2009
    She gave me one aqua/green egg, the first one. After that, they've all been that peachy color. I'd say about 20 now. I'd be curious to see what your hen gives you.

4. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    pictures please- I'd love to see (and others too I assume) pix of your pretty peach/pink eggs [​IMG]

5. Schroeder

Schroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Central Indiana
    My Coop
    I'm so disappointed. I bought 11 hens (1 day old) of 7 different varieties. The only breed of which I bought three were EE's because I hoped I'd get blue eggs from at least one. Well all three laid the ugliest shade of greenish brown you'd never want to eat. Two have been culled (because my coop was overcrowded).

My first experience with chickens and my number one goal in breed selection was blue eggs. In 3 years when it is time to replace them, I'm getting some true Americaunas from a breeder.

6. Chick_a_dee

Chick_a_dee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Peterborough, ON
    One of my gold EE's has given me her first egg, a seafoam green concoction lol.

7. goldielocks

goldielocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2009
    My EE's lay different colors of green and blue. I also have one that lays a pink egg. As far as the guy that killed his chickens because they didnt lay the perfect color of egg...gee wiz, hope your children all come out with the perfect eye and hair color!!

Here are my girls eggs, the light brown one is from my SLW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sometimes her egg is very very pink, other times its a lighter pink. I love them all.
    [​IMG]

8. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] Beautiful colored eggs [​IMG]

9. Bring

Bring Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2009
    New Mexico
    They look like candy in a candy dish!

10. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I love the different colors of the EE's so much that I just purchased a dozen of EE LF hatching eggs and a dozen of Ameraucana bantam hatching eggs. My neighbors all go crazy for the different colored eggs as well!

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by