I've got another snake!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by crocodile girl, Jan 12, 2008.

1. crocodile girl

crocodile girl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2008
    I wanted another reticulated python. I miss lemonhead sooo much! But I just visited him, he's doing great on my old mentor's care. For details on why I gave him away (as a gift!), see this link:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28188

I brought home a beautiful female sulawesi retic. For an idea of what that looks like, click here:

http://www.newenglandreptile.com/retic_sulawesi.html

I adopted her from a reptile rescue, she's about 15ft long and still has A LOT of growing to do.

2. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    OMG what a pretty snake - I love them but my DH would have a heart attack if he was face to face with any !! so I have to visit the zoo ALOT to get my fix of snakes

Julie

3. crocodile girl

Jan 5, 2008
    OMG what a pretty snake - I love them but my DH would have a heart attack if he was face to face with any !! so I have to visit the zoo ALOT to get my fix of snakes

Thank you. Sulawesi retics are a bit more nervous and flighty than most snakes, retics in general are like that.

Are you sure your DH is afraid of all snakes? Do you think he'd tolerate a really small, really gentle snake? Because I can recommend a few species if you tell me your situation.

If not, that's okay too. Don't mind me, I love to play "matchmaker" between potential snake owners and snake species.​

4. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    This may be a shot in the dark, but crocodile girl, do you know of a snake that is as big around as a pencil and around a foot long? I had one in school once, but cannot remember what kind it was.

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Congrats on the new addition! Im getting another Corn in a few weeks hopefully. He's an Amel het Caramel and Stripe, so Im pretty excited.

Frogtown, what color was it?

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    so beautiful

7. Frogtown

Frogtown Back 40 Farm

Aug 16, 2007
    South Carolina
    light green

8. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Sounds like a common garden snake.

Hey Crocodile girl when you get a chance I'd love to see so pics of your animals and your setups.

9. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck with your new Sula!!! They are awesome, challenging, rewarding snakes to keep, and some of the prettiest locality 'tics around. [​IMG]

10. crocodile girl

Jan 5, 2008
    Congrats on the new addition! Im getting another Corn in a few weeks hopefully. He's an Amel het Caramel and Stripe, so Im pretty excited.

Wow, I'd be excited too! congrats!

Good luck with your new Sula!!! They are awesome, challenging, rewarding snakes to keep, and some of the prettiest locality 'tics around.

Thanks!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by