I've got babies!!!! I've got babies!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelly G, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Kelly G

Kelly G It's like herding cats!

I originally placed an order with MPC for 8 chicks. Then I went to the feed store to get some feed for my horse on Wednesday...and LO and Behold - what do we have??? We have a whole MESS of Barred Rock pullets! Yipeeeeeeee!

I cancelled my order with MPC for Silver Laced Wyandottes (I was having a hard time deciding between the two breeds - they were both top contenders) and I sent my husband back to pick up 6 chicks (I had ordered 8 from MPC - the extras were an insurance policy).

This enabled us to pick healthy, bright, non pastey-butt chicks (only one chick had this affliction but, of course, she didn't come home with us).

Anyway, the feed store recieved them on Thursday, July 31st...so I'm guessing they were 48 hours old upon arrival (from Ideal). That makes them one week and two days today (Friday, August 8).

Here are a couple of quick pics - I LOVE them!! They are SO cute and very friendly - they hop right on my hand when I put it in the cage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and a quick 18 second video"

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

How beautiful! Congratulations!!!! bet you are bouncing between BYC and the brooder! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Congrats! BRs are my favorite breed for so many reasons. Even my flock roo will always be a BR. Wonderful breed.

4. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    so cute little babies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by