I've got chicks hatching from Dipsy Doodle Doo-NEW UPDATED PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lexustami, Nov 30, 2007.

1. lexustami

lexustami Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    Lisa... the chicks are starting to hatch. I just moved the incubator up from the basement so I could keep a better eye on the humidity and I heard the little peepers! I'm so excited!

My last hatch was 0% because my son didn't put the top back on the incubator right and I didn't catch it for at least a day.

Out of the 24 eggs you sent I have 14 left. 1 had a blood ring and 9 were clear when I candled on day 8, 1 was only developed to around day 12 when I candled 2 days ago.

I was going to go to bed now because my husband has to be up at 4am so he can make the 13 hour drive to CT for his Navy Reserve drill weekend and since he usually gets the kids up for school I'm going to have to do the job. But I think I will just stay up instead.

(Not a morning person at all no matter how early I go to bed. I can't function until at least 10:30am)

I will post some pics as soon as they are out!

Take care,

Tami

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  2. karri25

karri25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2007
    Arkansas
    We need updates please!!! I know you are bsy with the kids but I can't wait for my eggs from Dipsy to hatch so maybe looking at yours will help me:) I hope they are all out and healthy!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good luck on your hatch....today is day 18 for some of my eggs...excitement, excitement [​IMG]

4. Way to go, Tami!
    Hopefully, you're hearing lots of cheeping and seeing lots of fuzzies this morning [​IMG]

If you don't mind, would you make note of the #'s on the developing ones (I'm sure you tossed the clears already) and remind me what date you set them? I'm curious about that.

I hope your Hubby has a safe trip --- that's a long drive!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  5. lexustami

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    I had to take a nap! LOL

No one is out yet but I see a lot of the eggs with tiny cracks in them that weren't there this morning.

I will update as soon as someone is out.

Take care,

Tami

6. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    I have the most beautiful chicks from Lisa. I ended up with a Lemon Yellow Frizzle, a white Silkie and a NN with a yellow dot on it's head, two grey silkies and a black frizzle (I think). I want to see if your's and mine look a like, I'll try to get some pics up this weekend, maybe you can get some too.

7. lexustami

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    Lisa,

I have one N4 that just hatched. SO cute! I will get some pics soon.

Take care,

Tami

8. lexustami

Jun 14, 2007
    St. Clairsville, OH
    I took this pic real quick when I had to open the bator. One of the chicks got stuck between the wire floor and the styrofoam. I rolled up kitchen towels and put them around the edges. I've never had that problem before so I will have to fix that problem when this hatch is done.

[​IMG]

Take care,

Tami

9. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    OMGosh....my little naked neck looks just like that! How cute! Thanks for the pics..... I had an issue with one of mine getting stuck too..had to get it out...I put a washclothe near the area it got stuck because I was in a hurry to close the bator.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on the new chicks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by