1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've got more babies!* more pics & be careful what ya wish for,lol**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Jan 19, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    So excited to have little ones in the house again. [​IMG]
    They came from a petting zoo & were stressed out.I was only going to get bantams, but noticed some of the standards had bloody spots on them, so I HAD to bring them home. Ended up getting 25 [​IMG] might go get some more today [​IMG]
    I'm so tired right now [​IMG] coffee isn't working,lol.
    Got home around 11:30 p.m. & it took an hour to get them settled & warm.So I'm trying to fall alseep & one of the chics was crying constantly & was the only one awake.Finally gave in & tucked the little chic in a towel & put it in the bed with me,so I could get some sleep!!! The little one did fine,I didn't move a muscle last nite. If I don't make any sense or mispell anything yall know why.
    Please excuse the dirty brooders, if I can ever get off of BYC,I'll clean them up. [​IMG]
    Standards & a few bantams together,
    [​IMG]

All bantams,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG]

Looks like a nice colorful bunch.....[​IMG]

3. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    super sweet!
    what was the sitch at the petting zoo? they give 'em away when they get too many?

they are adorable.
    and thanks for helping the ones with boo boos too!

4. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    what was the sitch at the petting zoo? they give 'em away when they get too many?

fallenweeble, lol, I had to look up what sitch means. [​IMG] means situation right ?,lol. Forgive me that's a new for me. [​IMG]
    Well every yr they have an Ag Expo & have a petting zoo, ducks & baby chics... There was only one guy there to supervise, he was doing his best watching everyone. When I was picking out my babies, I got onto several kids, mishandling the chics [​IMG] [​IMG] Maybe next yr I can help them out & get some free chics out of the deal. [​IMG] They cost 3.50 a piece & any that were left today I could have them, so hubby is over there now. [​IMG]
    I just love the sound of baby chics [​IMG]

5. bayouchica

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Oh my, I've got my hands full with babies now.
    My hubby brought home more than what I got orginally... [​IMG] The guy just gave them to us. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My MIL counted them all & came up with 56. I've tired but they won't be still. There are 10 standards & rest are bantams.I have no clue what breed most of the are, so be looking for my posts in the breeds section,lol.
    I've got them in my spare room in three different brooders, hardly have room to move in there.They have settled down & I've gave them a little boiled egg so they won't be so scared of me.
    [​IMG]

6. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Wow! you do have your hands full. Do they make a lot of noise? I might have to brood in my spare bedroom too, and I'm worried about the noise. DH gets a little grumpy. Oh well maybe a lot grumpy [​IMG]

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

They are so cute! You're going to have your hands full!

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wow, are you keeping them all? What a nice mix. I never had babies, that's quite a bunch of cuties. Enjoy them!

9. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Wow that is a lot of babies! So sweet...[​IMG]
    Have fun! [​IMG]
    Mitzi

10. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Woohoo! [​IMG] Go Bayou! [​IMG] Have fun with the little ones! You're gonna have your hands full. Or, well, you already do! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by