I'VE GOT MOVEMENT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by championny, Apr 20, 2008.

1. championny

championny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    So day 19 and one of my eggs is moving around in the carton. [​IMG] I have the humidity at 67% and I am hoping for a pip soon! I am sooooooo excitied and I hope this little one makes it!

My mercury is reading 98-99 and my digital is at 100.6 so I am hoping the digital is more accurate. I am keeping an eye out for a pip tonight!

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    YAY!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I wonder how long they can jiggle around for before hatching? It's a mover and I just hope he isn't struggling. The humidity is now 65-66%, which I believe is perfect range.

Jeez, it seems like its the labor part of birth. :eek:

I think I have small movement on a few others. It's day 20 so I am prepared for anything. Come on little guys! [​IMG]

5. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Ok, so I woke up today at 7:30, sick from a restaurant which I shall not name, and I stumbled to check my eg. Well, its still moving but no pip? What gives? My humidity is fine and temp is fine so I am not sure what she's doing, but I will be on the look out all day.

Come on little one let's get a move on! [​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    be patient, if the temps are ok just wait, don't get in a hurry. Just sit there and hold your breath [​IMG] go do something to help pass the time. It could be hours yet. We will do the nail biting for you. [​IMG]

7. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Thanks Ozark. I am posting around on other's topics to keep me occupied. i am getting ready to check on everything in a few moments and should do some laundry.

I am more likely getting more inpatient as I have been looking for this day for soooo long. Also, I am nervous about some of the stories you hear about dead embryos and such. I have to calm down so I don't get worked up. [​IMG]

But yeah, I am really happy and can't wait to see whats going to happen today. Keeping my fingers crossed! I need pips!!!! [​IMG]

8. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    my first time hatching was 8 out of 9 and I was a nervous wreck but felt so confident after that hatch that I made careless mistakes on my second go-around [​IMG] I am going by the book..so to speak...this week. Let me know how they do. I think you will do great!

9. championny

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    Thanks again Ozark. I had to add more warm water for humidity so I did it as fast as i could. The temp only dropped to 99.3 and went back up to 99.5 in 3 mins approx. So far so good, its just he's not jarring the egg so much now, but he's probably tired after all that movement last night. [​IMG]

So, I am keeping an eye on them [​IMG] and I have the humidity back to the 63-66% range. So, off I go to wait again! [​IMG]

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by