1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've got new chicks!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bigsky henhouse, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bigsky henhouse

bigsky henhouse New Egg

Sep 5, 2010
    The most amazing thing...I had a Buff Brahma hen start sitting in early September and she just hatched 5 chicks this week! They are all black with one yellow and black. The rooster is a black Aracauna I think. Pretty neat to see this happen. I was led to believe that it is pretty rare to get a chicken that does this anymore. She's only 6 monthos old herself. She's a fierce little momma too, doesn't take guff off of any of the others and she has them outside following her all over. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would, maybe someone could tell me how?

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

In the blue line above the forum, listing, left to right, Index User List Rules Search My Page Profile Recent Posts Uploads GFM Chat Messages Logout, just click on the Uploads one.

You will be taken to a place where you browse ON YOUR COMPUTER for the location where you keep your photos. (They must be jpg file format.) Select the one you want - you have to do it one at a time - and it will fill up the box with the location on your computer. Press UPLOAD.

Once the page refreshes, it will show the photo and have two boxes underneath it, with the HTML code for a thumbnail version (that's the top one) and a full-sized one (the bottom box).

Click into the box, let it get highlighted, and press Control plusl C to copy the code. Come back to your post and paste the code into the message body using Control plus V.

If you want to post more photos in the same message, just flip back to the Uploads window (which was opened separately when you clicked it so you CAN flip back and forth) and upload another photo, do the same thing. Control C, Control V. Copy and paste.

Looking forward to see some pictures of your new chicks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by