I've got new chicks!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bigsky henhouse, Sep 27, 2010.

1. bigsky henhouse

bigsky henhouse New Egg

Sep 5, 2010
    The most amazing thing...I had a Buff Brahma hen start sitting in early September and she just hatched 5 chicks this week! They are all black with one yellow and black. The rooster is a black Aracauna I think. Pretty neat to see this happen. I was led to believe that it is pretty rare to get a chicken that does this anymore. She's only 6 monthos old herself. She's a fierce little momma too, doesn't take guff off of any of the others and she has them outside following her all over. If I could figure out how to post a picture I would, maybe someone could tell me how?

2. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Congrats! Some breeds still have a lot of broodyness left in them, but it's rare (though it does happen sometimes) for a production breed to go broody. I think Brahmas lean toward broodiness. To post pics. first save them to your computer and then click on the uploads button on the blue bar at the top of the screen.

3. Samilitant

Samilitant Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I just put the pictures on my desktop so I know where to look when I hit "browse". Then I go to "Uploads"(at the top in the blue bar", then click "browse" to find your picture--click on it to enter into the box for uploading. Then do the dropdown window to resize it for MESSAGE BOARDS(640x480) and click the box that says you want to resize it. Then just click "Submit". Once it loads, left click on the bottom link below the picture to highlight it, then right click-select "copy", then go back to your post and right click and select "paste". I know it seems like a lot but once you do it a few times it's easy.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations! [​IMG] that's so cool! [​IMG] Enjoy!!! [​IMG]

5. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]I love this form of Chicken Math!!!
    Congratulations!!![​IMG]

Bright Blessings

6. 3chimama

3chimama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    Congratulations!!

7. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Happy Birthday to You! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]