Ive got puppies-hop on the bandwagon

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bird Brain, May 9, 2009.

1. Bird Brain

Bird Brain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    So of course I have to be at work in 3 hours. When I got home from work yesterday, my dog Sadie had been nesting in a basket of clean clothes. I knew it was time. I fix her a spot that is NOT in my clothes, and we rest on the bed cause she still has some time. So at 3 am I wake to my baby panting, IN the basket of clothes. I couldnt get her out. She actually delivered the forst one in the basket, but I lured her out with it. So far, 4 pups, pushing 5 as I type! Im so excited....and exhausted!

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2009
  2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Ooooh oooh, What breed! I want one, do you deliver, LOL. Get some sleep, then post some pics! Congrats Grandma!

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    lol they always pick their own spot, don't they?
    Best wishes for a healthy, happy delivery!
    What kind of dog is Sadie?
    and, we, of course, require pics of the babies!

4. Bird Brain

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    Sadie is a pit mix. I joke shes half pit half boston terrier. Shes only about 35-40# when not pregnant. She was 52 the other day at the vets office. But I think daddy is a Great Pyreneese (my DH doesnt understand the sentence "Hun, don't let her out, shes in heat" and hes the only male dog around here I know of)

Yep, there was number 5. So far, all brinnel with a white tail tip. SO CUTE! I will definatly have to snap some pics.

She had 9 last time......whew!

And now my bathroom is full. How many people can say they have 5 turkeys, 13 chickens and 5 puppies in their bathroom. Im NUTS!

5. BorderKelpie

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Well, with that little zoo you got going in your bathroom, if you weren't nuts to start with - you'd be nuts really soon! lol
    Wow, I hope you have a huge bathroom (and a spare for you!).
    I want to see pics of the bathroom, it's starting to sound a little like Noah's Ark, umm, Noah's bathroom.....

[​IMG]

6. Bird Brain

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    Quote:LOL Oh gosh...more fluid, here comes number 6.....

Well 2 brooder boxes makes it tight, and now I get to clean the floor when I get home from work. So needless to say, my bathroom is a mess right now

7. BorderKelpie

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    You know what? I think you're missing something. A kitten or maybe a goat kid... there's still a little tiny spot available behind the door there, see it?
    lol

8. Bird Brain

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    well, no femle cats but Gray has been in and out, sitting on the toilet watching. And I could go get a baby goat, 7 weeks old. Hes just outside. Actually he could sit and watch from the other sideof the toilet! I have a mouse in the kitchen, too. Ill go get it... :)

9. BorderKelpie

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Now you're thinking. What else can we squeeze in there?
    How many does she have now? We were at 6 at last count.
    (The mouse would be a nice touch, good thinking.)

10. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    A zoo is not complete without a Llama, I think it may fit in the Tub, LOL! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by