I've got the itch...tattoo

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    So I got this new tat for my birthday back in October:
    [​IMG]
    Pics from the first night having it...swollen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now I want the same thing but smaller on my middle finger on the same hand.

Tattoos hurt like you know what but I love decorating my skin. Is that crazy? [​IMG]

I try to keep my tats tribal...I draw them and then take them to the artist. Here's my first one I got when I was 18 or 19, it's on my lower back:
    [​IMG]

Anyone have one on their finger? Did it hurt REALLY bad?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Nah..not crazy! Be who you want to be!

Stacy

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Those are neat!!
    I have one tattoo on my lower back, it is a lion cub peeking out of green leaves and a pink flower. It didn't hurt too much, I think the darker color of ink, the more it hurts, and some people have a higher pain threshhold than others. I would love to get another one on my shoulder, but right now I can't afford it. Mine cost $250 5 yrs ago. [​IMG]

4. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Thanks for sharing your tattoo pics. I enjoy looking at them, my husband has a few on his upper arms, my step son & his fiance each got one when they turned 18. I've thought many times of having one done but other than having to deal with the pain my biggest obstacle has been finding that perfect piece of art I'll be happy with for life [​IMG]

5. sagefox

sagefox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2008
    Western PA
    I just got my first tat this past fall...finally found a pic I wanted on me for the rest of my life....a fox of course [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    trisha, I remember when you got your b/d tat and I remember you saying how much it hurt. Now remember, much less flesh on the finger so it will probably hurt a lot more and you know how often you wash your hands and use your hands so it will probably hurt longer. Get it if you want it but try to think of how you will do things until it heals. [​IMG]

7. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Good point Carrie! I'm a fast healer but I do use my hands a lot. HUMMMMM I may have to think about it for a bit. Or maybe not. Once I get something in my head I go for it. I can't help it. I do things and then think about it later.

I know it will hurt REALLY REALLY bad but I want it. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Quote:Nah, get yourself a bottle of ..... something and you won't feel a thing!

I got mine on a drunken dare. Unfortunately I was 15 at the time [​IMG] I kept it hid from my mothers for 3 years!!! But I can't show it too you cuz I'd get booted off here for flashing!!!! [​IMG]

Me and a few friends plan on getting another one when one of the gang finishes her breast cancer treatment. We are all getting the pink ribbon.

9. 2 Beauts

2 Beauts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Virginia
    They only hurt as bad as you want them!

10. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    I also have been getting the "itch" lately to get a tattoo. How bad does it hurt? I have a higher pain tolerance than some, I got my lip peirced and it didnt hurt that bad. I am thinking of getting one on my upper arm, but I am nervous because it looks like it would be painful, but then I see a bunch of wuss kids that have them which makes it seem like it couldnt hurt that bad. What does it feel like? How long does it take to heal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by