I've had it with chicks OUTGROWING brooder

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by buildingmyark, Aug 30, 2010.

1. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    I run into this problem every time I get new chicks. We were using clear storage boxes. When I had alot of chicks I had to seperate them in 2 boxes just to have enough room. I decided that it was time I did something to solve this problem. This weekend I built (all by myself!) a new brooder for my chicks!!! I wanted it to look nice since it's going to be inside. Hope you like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Fantastic! Unplug the tv, you have much better entertainment. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. Dragonfly99

Dragonfly99 Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    I love it!

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    That is awesome! I have to agree with Gallo del Cielo though, chicken TV will be much more entertaining! [​IMG]

5. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Very pretty. If the dust gets too much , U can always insert a couple sheets of plexiglass. [​IMG]

6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

VERY nice job! [​IMG]

7. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    You did an awesome job.
    Yeah, forget the TV; you now have way better entertainment.

[​IMG]

8. buildingmyark

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    Quote:Yes! and that would also help regulate the temperature. That stuff is kinda pricey though. Any other ideas that would serve the same function?

9. buildingmyark

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    Thank you all so much for the kind comments. I never thought I could have built this. I have been slowly learning how to use my DH's power tools, and boy does that make a big difference! The best thing about my little project is that I didn't have to spend a dime or leave the house for supplies! Just used stuff we had laying around. Thanks again, yall.

10. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    looks good
    if i could offer some advice, i would use news paper or puppy training pads for bedding instead of the shavings when brooding inside
    they are easier to clean as you only have to wrap up the paper or pads and put new ones in, and the shavings will cause alot of dust. ( i see you have trinkits and such in the same room) and you will not have to vaccuim shavings off the floor

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by