I've had it with fluker thermometers!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by opihiman911, Dec 6, 2007.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    I have now had 4 different fluker thermometers and they are worthless. On my last hatch I had the temps set according to my flukers, it said it was going between 99-102, 2 weeks later I find out I'm actually running 96-98!!! I get a second fluker and it too is out of wack reads different than the first and both are incorrect from 2 medical thermometers. I called fluker and sent them back, asked them to open and verify the accuracy of the new replacements, which they did, got them back in time to use in my brooder, and BOTH OF THEM ARE WRONG AGAIN!!!! 108, 114, 110, 116!!! No I'm not cooking my little ones, they are very happy right under the light. For the record the medical ones in the wiggler both say 98.7 & 98.9
    Why did I spend all this time and money with these silly flukers?? Well from now on [email protected]&!## the flukers. I think I'm going to just use my baby thermometers and hope my little girl doesn't get a fever when I'm incubating.....then I will have to make an important decision
    Any one out there had any sucess these flukers?? I blame it for this poor hatch of less than 20%. Spent all that money on them and the $7 walmart thermometer is much better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cory

2. opihiman911

Mar 19, 2007
    BTW. I'm waiting for the little white one to do her business on them so I can send them back to the company and show them what I think of their little "top of the line" product :mad: ........wishing we had a pooping icon [​IMG]...there now I'm feeling better

Cory

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. karen

karen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2007
    Easton,PA
    Wow- That little chick looked confused!
    You should send them back - WITH poop!
    They should replace or recalibrate them-
    I hope none of your birds suffered because the fluckers(!) failed.

4. opihiman911

Mar 19, 2007
    Well so far these little ones look okay, they took right to drinking and eating when I introduced water to them, they are now 3 days old.
    I just had a poor hatch, out of 2 dozen egg , 19 fertile growing eggs only 4 made it out.
    I got the flukers to get better hatch rates and more precise, not worse. [​IMG] ohh well back to the basics old school.

Cory

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

What the story behind the eyeballs?

6. opihiman911

Mar 19, 2007
    I couldn't find a wiggler anywhere so I went looking on ebay. Most of them either wouldn't ship to Hawaii or only in lots of 10 or 25. Finally found one 2 for sale for $2, plus $3shipping, either eyeballs for boys or butterflies for girls. I asked for butterflies.............and got eyeballs [​IMG]
    DW says it just fitting for my current mad science project. She was just happy getting our little chicks at the county fair.

Cory

7. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    My flukers are correct on temps I have several and they all read the same even my accurite one from walmart reads the same. I guess they must have made a bad batch. I did test mine for humidity and mine were off a little but I can set my incubator to run a little higher so I just but a sticker on it with the % it is off by and I had no problems this last time with the silkie eggs and couple from my flock. I would send them back too and tell them you just want a refund of your money.

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Another thing. The unit is black, if it is under the direct light of a bulb, it will soak up heat and show a hotter temperature... is that part of the problem? Try "hiding" them under a few sheets of white paper.

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Okay...thanks for the explanation...I thought it was eyepecking training, a new Chicken Olympic event. [​IMG]

10. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by