I've have a question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by crzychicken, Jan 22, 2009.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Why does my comet pull my EE out of the nesting box if this comet Stir-fry comes in the coop and see's this one EE and also one of my barama banties they get chased out.. pulled out.. and they know it, as soon as they see her comeing they will what looks to me duck and hide their head or go to another spot but the comet chases them out of all the nesting boxes
    is this normal

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sounds like normal pecking order issues to me. Make sure you have enough boxes for the number of hens and let them work it out. Something I've heard mentioned a few times is to take the aggressor out of the flock for awhile, so that when you put her back she's at a lower spot on the pecking order.
    I just let mine work it out. There's never been any blood drawn and they each manage to get their eggs laid.

3. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Thanks yhea the EE gets back in somehow the mean hen is older. I didn't know if it was the norm i have 12 nesting boxes although no one uses the bottom row and 29 hens but they all seem to like only 4 of the boxes

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by