I'VE JOINED THE DUCK OWNERS CLUB! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by allaboutdemchicks, Jan 24, 2009.

1. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    When Nettie offered some free ducklings from Ideal...I jumped at the offer. They are so incredibly adorable that I must let everyone see WHY I'm so proud to be in the duck owners club...

This is Gus, the Magpie. He stole everyone's heart with his/her good looks and even better personality.

[​IMG]

Then we have a crested Blue Swedish girl (so said Ideal) and a non crested Blue Swedish boy.

[​IMG]

And finally we have a questionable breed...either Cayugas or Black East Indies, and both are crested. Either way, they are keepers. If anyone can look and tell me for sure which they are I'd love to know, otherwise I'll wait till they are adults and know by size. They are so dark they do not show up very well on the black background but I'll post a second picture and maybe it would help someone identify them for me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's been years since I last owned ducks and they are everybit as fun as I remembered. Tonight...I'm allaboutdemducks!

Claudia

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How cute! [​IMG]

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Couldn't help but look!

How CUUUUTE!! [​IMG]

I miss having babies.

4. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    SO SWEET!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    awwwww, they're getting big already! Man claudia, those are awesome professional looking pictures! wow! The one of the swedish's is priceless! Have you named them all yet?

6. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    Those are some real cuties. So wishing it would warm up some so I can get myself some little duckies. [​IMG]

7. allaboutdemchicks

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Quote:Thank you Nettie. I couldn't wait for you to see them! Only Gus has been named. I've been looking at your thread on duck names and have a few ideas.

Heres your photography tip of the day.....I took a black Halloween towel and draped it. After playing with lighting I realised a dim light with just my flash did best.

8. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    how'd ya get them to stay still? lol

9. allaboutdemchicks

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    That is a good question! Put them in position (with two ducklings you will have them facing together or apart) and put your hand around them until they get relaxed. About a minute. Otherwise they scurry around as soon as you move your hand. Also, get eye level with them and zoom up!!. I did this on my stove, a glass top, it will help if you have someone to stand by if needed...but honestly after everyone got comfortable I didn't worry about them falling off. (I'm going to get someone's chick/duck killed telling that!)

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Awww, cute duckies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by