1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've Joined the Insanity!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gracefulspice, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    I'm still new at this chicken thing. Brought our chickens home this past Mon afternoon. My neighbor has 12 hens and a rooster. Anyways I will be adopting 2 of her RIR Hens. [​IMG]
    The rooster it seems hates these 2 and constantly picks at them till they bleed, and won't allow them in the coop. She told me the story and I felt so bad I offered to adopt these 2 chickens. So by the end of today I will now have 6. [​IMG]
    This chicken thing is very addictive. Gonna have to sell eggs now. [​IMG]
    I hope they get along okay with my 4 hens. [​IMG]

2. dragon

dragon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2007
    brainerd mn
    yippy, life is good........[​IMG]

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Welcome to chickenaholics nontooanonymous!! [​IMG]

4. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:aka, "The Chicken Addiction Enablers Group"!! Ain't it GRAND?? LOL

5. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! Welcom! Welcome! [​IMG] All of us here are addicted.................. to CHICKENS. [​IMG] We all [​IMG] our CHICKENS. [​IMG] Like John Denver's song goes, "Thank God, I'm a Country Boy!" Thank God, I'm a Chicken Man! [​IMG]

Mudhen and Chicken-mama, you two are hoots! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  6. AccidentalFarm

AccidentalFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2007
    Quote:and by the end of next week, you will have 8...by the end of the next week, you'll have 12...i give it a month and you'll have an order in for the minimum 25....LOL

Welcome to BYC!!!

7. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    and by the end of next week, you will have 8...by the end of the next week, you'll have 12...i give it a month and you'll have an order in for the minimum 25....LOL
    Ain't that the truth accidental farm !!! [​IMG]

8. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

After that comes the bator, the brooders, the convincing your favorite girl to go broody, the eye rolling from the DH....

[​IMG]

9. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I hear you Miss Carrie. Been there dune that and still doing. Chickens outside, in the back of the garage.......several weeks apart in age. Some needing to be placed outside already, some several weeks away from going out, some new chicks a couple of days old, and other eggs incubatiing. Sound addictive? Yep, I do believe it are.

10. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    hi, I'm Chicken-mama and I'm a chickaholic. I've been chickening for only 14 months, 3 weeks, 4 days now. And I have NO intention of giving it up any time soon!! But, I gotta tell ya, I'm happy as a clam to be among friends!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by