I've just reached Lock-down. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chookcrazy, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Chookcrazy

Chookcrazy Out Of The Brooder

Feb 29, 2012
    I just reached lock-down last night. Nine out of the sixteen eggs i put in have made it this far; i just hope that they can get out of their eggs. I am hoping that they will hatch tomorrow night or tonight because i cannot wait any longer. I am only on day 19 but the earlier they hatch the better because I want my little fuzzy buts soooo much. I saw them rocking in their eggs this morning so they should start pipping and zipping soon.
    Does anyone have lock-down now as well. It will be easier to wait if we are waiting with others.

2. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i'm in lockdown too! just went into it yesterday. what kind of eggs do you have in there? i have 26 eggs (11 BCM, 1 barnyard mix, 14 olive eggs). i'm excited! today is day 19 for me. i put them into lockdown in the middle of day 18....maybe a tad early.

3. Chookcrazy

Feb 29, 2012
    I have 1 Ancona, 1 barnevelder , 2 blue orpingtons, 2 wyandottes and 3 silkies. They are all shipped eggs apart from the silkies so I am surprised they have come this far. Last time only 2 of my 12 shipped eggs made it. I'm so excited I can see them all wriggling in their eggs.

4. rgvchicks

rgvchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Roma Texas
    hello...i went to lockdown yesterday also.....i haver 18 gamefowl eggs......6 Blue Miner/Aseel......6 Silver Duckwing....and 6 Roundheads/Aseel.....started with 24.....18 made it to lockdown......lets see how many come out....[​IMG]

5. Nicolla

Nicolla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    North Alabama
    I'm going into lockdown in a few hours!! I'm so excited!! This is my first hatch [​IMG]

6. Chookcrazy

Feb 29, 2012
    I have had no pips so far but I can hear little chirps coming out of the incubator. Has anyone else had any progress? I

7. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    i can't hear jack-diddly, but then i'm only on day 19. still, i suppose tomorrow i'll be straining my eyes to see the slightest crack and straining my ears to hear the slightest chirp. oh, i'll also be peeping at the bator. i do that all the time when they are close. lol

8. Chookcrazy

Feb 29, 2012
    Yay!!!!!!! I came home today to find that two of my eggs have pipped and they are chirping away like crazy. The others are all still shacking and rolling around. I think they really want to come out. I spend way too much time near the bator in lockdown. I think I am a bit impatient.

9. Chookcrazy

Feb 29, 2012
    Make that three pips. The first two pips havent been doing much is this a bad thing?

10. chkinut

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    don't worry about the 2 pips that haven't done much. sometimes they take HOURS from pip to zip. we can't see what's going on in that egg, but there's activity, believe me. the lil' guy/gal is trying to intake the rest of the yolk and also close off all those blood vessels in the membrane. btw, i have ONE pip and i'm on day 20! yea!! woohoo!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by