1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ive lurked long enuff...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Loco Gringo, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Loco Gringo

Loco Gringo Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2010
    Bryson City N.C.
    I finally went ahead and signed up to your awesome and educating site. Ive looked in a few times while getting my birds all set up and what not and Ive always found what I needed to know here. I started with 2 comets and 2 BOs, and then a comet died and I took 12 eggs from my buddy that gave me the birds and let a BO that was wanting to sit go ahead and hatch em. From the 12 I got 8 chicks. 1/2 CE and 1/2 RIR. Well hawks got 3 of them and I ended up with 4 males and only 1 fem out of the litter. Which leaves me with 8 birds, 1 (mean as a rattler) wife, 2 girls who are 1 and 3, 2 goldfish, and 7 acres of land. Im a truck driver by trade, and I love working our garden in the spring and summer, splitting wood in the winter, and making wine when I have the time. I hope to have a long and happy membership here with you all. Oh, btw Im in western NC, Bryson City actually. Yall take care.

2. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    [​IMG]

3. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    [​IMG] from TN!!

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Michigan. I have an Uncle Albert and Aunt Cookie that lives in Bryson City!

5. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI

6. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Imp

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Bryson City, what a BEAUTIFUL town!! You're blessed to live there! My mom said N.C. was God's County, and I agree! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

9. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG]

10. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Good to have you here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by