I've never seen my girls so ticked off!!! PIC ADDED -

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jenesis536, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jenesis536

jenesis536 Songster

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    My 5 older girls are 21 weeks old... none laying yet. They have been the only chickens thus far. We build a 2nd coop recently and had 9 babies in the brooder far from where the older girls were housed. Today was the day the little ones got moved to their coop (in the same area as the older ones and their pens are next to each other. I had all the babies out in a cage by the older girls while I was getting their coop ready and now they are in the coop.

I have never seen my older girls so ticked! They have been YELLING at me for the last hour. They are generally very quiet and even their chatter is very quiet - NOT TODAY! They are being downright LOUD. I hope they calm down soon before my neighbors kill me!

Look at those stink eyes!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. PamB

PamB Songster

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    [​IMG] LOVE the picture! Too funny!!

3. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] OMgosh that pic of some serious chicken stink eye going down made me literally burst out laughing and spew my sip of water on the screen. [​IMG]

Bless their hearts, lol. I can only imagine what they're saying amongst themselves.

4. cabincrazyone

cabincrazyone Songster

Dec 26, 2010
    NE Minnesota
    I'd call them stink eyed beauties! Very pretty birds. I especially like your partridge looking EE.

5. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

I'm thinking mom better come up with some good treats tonight. Love the pic! [​IMG]

6. secuono

secuono Songster

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    That's a good pic. Guess you spoil them a bit too much..

7. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

What a great photo! If the collective expressions were lasers, you'd be cooked! [​IMG]

8. jenesis536

jenesis536 Songster

Oct 3, 2010
    CA
    They didn't let up for about 4 hours either... every time I went out there they would start yelling at me. I seriously think they were MAD about the new babies. Later on after I covered the windows of the baby coop they relaxed a bit and starting being nice again, but GEEZ I can't believe how they reacted.

Combining the two batches when the time comes is NOT going to be fun.

9. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Songster

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Quote:You did the right thing by putting them next to each other. The chicks wouldn't stand a chance when you merge them otherwise... They'll get used to them pretty quick. Try not to take it personal. Step sisters is an issue for all of us. lol

10. Jasmine130

Jasmine130 In the Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Redwood City, California
    Love it! That's a great photo, I can just feel the stink-eye vibes and hear the commotion. Too funny! Good luck with the integration, you're off to the right start with putting the coops next to each other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: