I've never SEEN (or heard) such a commotion!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ssledoux, Mar 27, 2009.

1. ssledoux

ssledoux Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    I was out in the barn feeding everyone yesterday when I started hearing the most incredible amount of commotion coming from the brooder. I went in there, and I had one little chick who had gotten herself a june bug. The others were going INSANE chasing her around. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I was laughing out loud.

Different ones were able to snatch it, then another one would snatch it, and they'd go hide in the corner with it. It was so dang funny - I just had to share!

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    [​IMG] Keep away with a bug! My chickens will do it with a worm!

3. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Isn't that fun??? [​IMG] Mine love to play Keep-Away, or Chicken Football. Their favorite thing to play with is a feather! I don't think they're picking at each other, but sometimes one will flap it's wings and a loose feather pops out, and they all run after it and the games begin! [​IMG]

4. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    My husband loves to give them meal worms one at a time and watch the commotion.

5. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

i love it when they get a bug. it makes me laugh so hard i cry

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    [​IMG] CHIRP i got a bug! i got a bug! you cant have it! you cant have it! its mine! what do i do with it?

:::::run run run run:::::

Little football players. We should put numbered stickers on their backs and make a video

7. Every time one of the chickies gets a worm all they end up with is what they had in their mouth LOL. The rest have picked on it in a full throttle run until that all that is left. It really is hilarious.

8. gmzamz

gmzamz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Monticello, MN
    Every once and a while one of my chicks would pick up a shaving and run around [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    we gave our little ones a few crickets and they would snatch them and run like heck all over the brooder squeaking as they ran! like "I got it you can get me!!" it's so funny to watch them do that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by