I've obviously gone 'round the bend.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by segeine, Nov 12, 2014.

1. segeine

segeine Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2014
    I just went out to hang an old webcam in the coop, so we can keep an eye on the chickieboos when we are in the house. I have to run the cat5 out there tomorrow - too dark now. Should I give them a computer, too? sheesh. I've really lost all of my marbles this time.

--Segeine

2. segeine

May 25, 2014
    I couldn't stand it.
    I ran the cable, temporarily, through the window in the office. It works - I can see them! More permanent cable solution in the morning.
    I should really go turn out the light in the coop...
    --Segeine

3. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    You are not the first on on this forum who has put a camera in the coop or run. Some people have put an old baby monitor out there instead.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

No, I like that idea!

5. segeine

May 25, 2014
    One of my kids is obsessed with watching the chickens, and I can see if there are eggs, so I get them before they get broken or freeze! See - it's useful, not just my geekery getting the best of me!

6. segeine

May 25, 2014
    Chickens can be so weird. I have one RIR that, every time she comes out of a nest, whether she has left an egg or not, picks up the bedding off the floor and puts t on her back. The ChickieCam is so entertaining!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by