I've only been on vacation one day

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LegginMF12, Nov 26, 2011.

1. LegginMF12

LegginMF12 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    And I am officially bored. I read ALL 439 pages of the Stolen horse thread by rodriguezpoultry. Very on the edge of your seat thread by the way! I always do this when I am on vacation, when I know I have to go to work all I want to do is be home, when I don't have to work I get bored/restless. I also spent about 3 hours mindlessly staring at the incubator today, thinking unpleasant thoughts at it since it won't play nice today.

2. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

You sound like my husband. He works long hours, so needless to say, on his days off, he can't sit still. It drives me nuts! I'm a stay at home mom, with two gradeschool aged kids, so I'm always moving around. But I wish he would just take a moment here or there to just lounge around in the house, so maybe I would see him a bit. He runs his own business, and things are hard right now, so he doesn't really get "vacation" days, or least not many. He's had the past 3 days off and I've only seen him for the most part at Thanksgiving dinner. He did the black friday shopping, and right now he's power washing the neighbors roof!(he is getting paid though) He'll be home later, because the college football civil war for Oregon will be on, and he is a HUGE U of O fan. That doesn't mean he'll be hanging out with me, though, he'll be so into the game. I dread when he retires, many years down the road [​IMG]

3. un-named

un-named Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:Do you think things could change (SEE him more) if now that the kids are older, you got a part time job to help with $ issues, or made up for it by trying to have more of the things he normally does already done, like the lawn mowed, or walk shoveled, cars taken for their oil change, stuff like that? Would it make a difference with him?
    If those things are done when he gets home, spending time with you will become an option for him [​IMG]

4. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    My problem is that unless i have something to do in the morning, specifically, I just never get started for the day. I get so much more done when i make a list. So last night I made a list. Yesterday TBG got home and said "what did you do today peepers" I said "well, I got showered and dressed at 4......ish, does that count as doing something"? Oh and let's not forget I brushed my teeth. Whew, busy day!

5. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Do you think things could change (SEE him more) if now that the kids are older, you got a part time job to help with $ issues, or made up for it by trying to have more of the things he normally does already done, like the lawn mowed, or walk shoveled, cars taken for their oil change, stuff like that? Would it make a difference with him?
    If those things are done when he gets home, spending time with you will become an option for him [​IMG]

I do have a sporatic partime job with the school district,kind of an oncall thing. I did have a part time job as a vet tech for 12 years,that ended abruptly 3 years ago. I've had hip dislpaysia all my life, but it started causing problems about 10 years ago. When I got laid off from being a vet tech, my hip displaysia had started to kick into full gear, so I guess that happened for a reason. As for getting stuff done, so he doesn't have to when he gets home, it is really hard for me to do stuff like mow the lawn, we have 1 1/2 acres, with a walk behind mower. I used to do it all the time, this was the first summer I didn't. We live in the country, so no walk to shovel, and his business takes care of all automotive stuff. I still do more than I should, in regards to my hips. I had the right one replaced in June, and the left will be done in December, But still, I clean out the goat barn, ( which requires pushing about 5 wheel burrows full of junk through mud and muck, doesn't exactly feel good on the 'ole hips and back), take care of all the other pets, chickens, cats, dogs and goats. We have a mini farm, and I take care of about 90% of it. I'm not extactly sitting on my tush all day. I do all the cleaning, grocery shopping, accounting, house care, animal care, laundry, cooking, and now Christmas shopping. I understand what you are saying, don't get me wrong. But all the stuff he has to do when he is not working, is stuff I really can't do, like mow the lawn. Honestly, he finds things to do when he's at home, regardelss. I try not to ask him to do stuff, just because I don't want him to feel like he has to do everything, even though I do plenty. He told me that when he was power washing the neighbors roof, which is where he is again right now, that he wanted to be home. But then admitted that he would of done it anyway whether the neighbor paid him or not, since he likes to help people when they need it. I like that trait in him, but sometimes he doesn't know when to say no. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:What's on your list?

7. un-named

Sep 15, 2010
    Quote:LOL!!!! Stay with us for good entertainment and information round the clock!

8. un-named

Sep 15, 2010

I do have a sporatic partime job with the school district,kind of an oncall thing. I did have a part time job as a vet tech for 12 years,that ended abruptly 3 years ago. I've had hip dislpaysia all my life, but it started causing problems about 10 years ago. When I got laid off from being a vet tech, my hip displaysia had started to kick into full gear, so I guess that happened for a reason. As for getting stuff done, so he doesn't have to when he gets home, it is really hard for me to do stuff like mow the lawn, we have 1 1/2 acres, with a walk behinhttp://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/help.php#smiliesd mower. I used to do it all the time, this was the first summer I didn't. We live in the country, so no walk to shovel, and his business takes care of all automotive stuff. I still do more than I should, in regards to my hips. I had the right one replaced in June, and the left will be done in December, But still, I clean out the goat barn, ( which requires pushing about 5 wheel burrows full of junk through mud and muck, doesn't exactly feel good on the 'ole hips and back), take care of all the other pets, chickens, cats, dogs and goats. We have a mini farm, and I take care of about 90% of it. I'm not extactly sitting on my tush all day. I do all the cleaning, grocery shopping, accounting, house care, animal care, laundry, cooking, and now Christmas shopping. I understand what you are saying, don't get me wrong. But all the stuff he has to do when he is not working, is stuff I really can't do, like mow the lawn. Honestly, he finds things to do when he's at home, regardelss. I try not to ask him to do stuff, just because I don't want him to feel like he has to do everything, even though I do plenty. He told me that when he was power washing the neighbors roof, which is where he is again right now, that he wanted to be home. But then admitted that he would of done it anyway whether the neighbor paid him or not, since he likes to help people when they need it. I like that trait in him, but sometimes he doesn't know when to say no. Sorry to hijack the thread.

It does sound like you help out alot and in pain too. sorry to hear it. It's not so much we are hijacking the thread, we are keeping it going by putting it up top in the 'recent postings' section!! [​IMG]
    I hope something can change that brings him to you for more time! Maybe colder weather will bring him inside a bit more.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep Rodriquez makes a good poultry reading! Some hair rising up and downs and at the end, I am so glad she got her horse back!

10. LegginMF12

May 2, 2011
    Yucca Valley
    Quote:What's on your list?

So far I am going to:
    Cruise the house and touch up all of the ding spots on the walls
    Paint the other piece to the base board
    fix the handle on the toilet (replace)
    clean inside of car.
    wash the dogs
    sweep the garage
    go pickup the deer meat (it's been 3 weeks)
    trim the little dogs toenails.
    pick up some of the junk in the yard and make a pile by the trash cans so I can get rid of it little by little
    Not candle the eggs daily [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by