I've quit smoking

suziedoozie

Chirping
12 Years
Feb 6, 2011
After years of smoking Salem Lights I decided to quit. It has been one week and one day without a cigarette and I must say, THIS IS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS I HAVE HAD TO DO!!! This is not any fun at all.
sad.png
Anyway I'm just going to keep trying. Wish me luck!

Don't give up.

The crazy guy in AZ just said a prayer for you.

You can do it. You'll live longer, you'll feel better but the next 3 weeks are CRUCIAL to your success.

Don't go anywhere near where you've ever purchased cigarettes. Let someone else fill up your car or do the grocery shopping.

Make ice cubes and suck on them. Chew Trident gum with Xylitol. Chew on long carrots, slowly.

So glad you've made it this far!!

DON'T GIVE UP!

We are all pullin' for you!
thumbsup.gif

Awesome job. I quit over 7 years ago and I feel your pain. It does get easier but it doesnt seem like it. If you need anyone to help talk you through anything, let me know. I will be happy to help. Just remember this one FACT: Most cigarette cravings last about 5 minutes. Take it one craving at a time and keep up the good work.

EXCELLENT!

Mind over matter. You can do it. I know it's hard to do... I've done it myself.

Forget "trying." You've simply DONE IT. Any time you feel a craving - get angry at it!
somad.gif
Tell it to get away! It won't control you any more and you'll be it's master!

thumbsup.gif

keep up with it... you can do it.. and ya its the hardest thing I ever did..but oh my gosh they were killing me... something that helped me was sunflower seeds. in the shell so you have to crackt he shells to get to the seed.. it kept my hands busy my mouth busy and I didnt gain weight like alot of people do.. you would have to eat tons of seeds to gain weight hahah..

good luck )O(
Pink

Thank you everyone! It seems like I can go for a while without thinking about them at all and then WHAM out of nowhere, I suddenly feel the need. So far I have managed to resist and I am going to do this. I thank you all for your prayers and support. This is such a wonderful site.

Good luck and hang in there. It gets easier. Your body will thank you in the long run.

Sometimes it helps to go for a quick walk to help with a craving. Even just up and down the driveway.

That is great! You should be proud. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you can have just one puff. You can't. I've lasted 10 years telling myself this. It does get easier, much easier. Good for you!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom