1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I've set the trap...here Mr. Rat..

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by SunChick, May 26, 2007.

1. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Ok I decided to try out the "Ratzapper". I place my trap by my hay stack since the little buggers like to live under my pallet and baited it. I initially didn't turn it on, so they could have a "free meal". They took the bait last night so now I have baited it with delicious scratch and turned it on. May the chickens have fried rat for breakfast! [​IMG]

2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Yee ha! Let us know how it worked! [​IMG]

3. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    YaY! Dead rat this morning. Hurrah [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Woohoo!! Now....to catch the rest of the family...momma, daddy, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins....LOL Good luck!! [​IMG]

5. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Got another one this morning...We are on a Roll! DH wanted me to take pics, the tail was so long it was hanging out of the trap!

6. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Where can you buy a "ratzapper"? After living here 5 years I've never seen a rat, but now that I have chickens it could happen.
    The guy that lived here before us raised pigs and I did see a couple old rat traps in the barn. :eek:

7. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Go to www.ratzapper.com they list dealers, you can buy directly from the site or my personal favorite...ebay. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by