I've Stopped Mourning my Chicken Loss

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vintageozarks, Jan 28, 2011.

1. I used to love to visit this forum and read about everyone's darling chickens. I wrote a blog about my love for my 12 Ornamental Bantams. Each had a name and a distinct personality. Then we had to move from our home and move into a place where I knew my chickens were no longer safe (we lost 2 to neighborhood dogs) so I found a very good home for the rest of them and I sort of dropped out of life, slept a lot, and tried not to think about them. That happened in the Fall of 2009. Today, I am trying hard to come out of mourning so I can do what is necessary to get more chickens and make them safe.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So sorry for your loss. I was devasted not long ago when some of my marans ate dead rats that had eaten the rat poison I had put out in bait tubes. It's hard to get over...

BUT... wonderful members here in AZ and elsewhere are helping me to restore my marans flock.

Good luck on building a secure coop and run and getting chickens once again.

3. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I wouldn't want to live where I couldn't have my birds. Hope you can find a way to keep a few again. [​IMG]

4. Thank you so much for your response and for understanding how much emotional pain losing chickens can be.

5. Quote:I didn't think I could live without my chickens and ducks (who are so cute too), but I somehow made it. When spring gets here, . . . thank you for the hug

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by