I've tried EVERYTHING! Nothing is working!

ronaldrubio

Hatching
Apr 21, 2017
Two days ago I bought 14 baby chicks from a store. All seemed healthy the day I brought them home, and the next full day. Now today I woke up and one baby chick was sleeping right in the middle of the heat lamp exposer and everyone else was awake and running around etc. I took it out thought maybe it over heated and was just sleepy. But I noticed it strained to poop once and came out runny. Now throughout the day I kept her with him against my body to separate her from the others. She hasn't eaten or had anything to drink. She chirps on and off once in awhile but mostly just drops her head and back to sleep she goes. She wont open her eyes either. When i try to help her get up she falls to one side andimmediately it's like she's falling asleep. I went and bought probiotics,electrolytes, VetRX,yogurt,and tried to make her food wet and mushy. It seemed like she tried to eat the soggy food but swallowed like once so wasn't much. SHE wont drink or eat. We went out bought her, her very own heat lamp and she's in the house now in our bedroom. I'm not sure what's going on and I've been googling ALL DAY. Thought it was respiratory infection cause I heard a raspy breathing but doesn't explain her not eating or drinking, head bobbing,can't stand up alone. Like what else could it be!? Pretty sure she was fine yesterday? Could she have a broken neck? Please help i don't want her in pain but shes trying to fight her little heart out to stay alive! And when I stuck her beak in some yogurt she strained and pushed out a bowel movement after a good 9 hours from her last bowel movement but she also wasn't eating much so that could explain That! Please someone help its my last chance to save her!

Two days ago I bought 14 baby chicks from a store. All seemed healthy the day I brought them home, and the next full day. Now today I woke up and one baby chick was sleeping right in the middle of the heat lamp exposer and everyone else was awake and running around etc. I took it out thought maybe it over heated and was just sleepy. But I noticed it strained to poop once and came out runny. Now throughout the day I kept her with him against my body to separate her from the others. She hasn't eaten or had anything to drink. She chirps on and off once in awhile but mostly just drops her head and back to sleep she goes. She wont open her eyes either. When i try to help her get up she falls to one side andimmediately it's like she's falling asleep. I went and bought probiotics,electrolytes, VetRX,yogurt,and tried to make her food wet and mushy. It seemed like she tried to eat the soggy food but swallowed like once so wasn't much. SHE wont drink or eat. We went out bought her, her very own heat lamp and she's in the house now in our bedroom. I'm not sure what's going on and I've been googling ALL DAY. Thought it was respiratory infection cause I heard a raspy breathing but doesn't explain her not eating or drinking, head bobbing,can't stand up alone. Like what else could it be!? Pretty sure she was fine yesterday? Could she have a broken neck? Please help i don't want her in pain but shes trying to fight her little heart out to stay alive! And when I stuck her beak in some yogurt she strained and pushed out a bowel movement after a good 9 hours from her last bowel movement but she also wasn't eating much so that could explain That! Please someone help its my last chance to save her!

welcome-byc.gif

It sounds like you problem chick will not be long for this world.

It just happens. Usual for a good reason. It could well be that there was something amiss when it hatched. I doubt that the problem was of your making.

Keep us informed.

Back
Top Bottom