ivermectin and valzeben close together? (spelling off, I'm sure)

BuckNBark Farm

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Trenton, GA
Hi. I recently wormed my Silkies with Ivermectin (spell) about a month ago (did both doses). Had also wormed them with it about 3 months before because I was very hesitant, and thought maybe it didn't "take. My chickens are underweight.I have to get a scale to see for sure, but you can feel their blade of breast bone. They are 9 month old Silkies. The Phoenix that lives with them is fine. My silkie pullets always have poop-butts (cockerel doesn't so much). Anyway, I've tried many feeds (gradually), and it's not helping. Someone suggested Valzabine (spell) and them some Safeguard. Is it ok to worm them with this after using Ivermectin last month? Thanks!
pa- have never seen worms in the poop. Only symptoms are skinny and poopy butts on the pullets.

Thanks again! Please don't fuss at me!

Pam Pittman

I use Safeguard/Panacur (10% fenbendazole, you can use either the liquid or paste). When one of mine is not well this is what I do:

• Thorough exam.
  • Dust for mite/lice with poultry dust even if I cannot see any. I don't use DE because it doesn't work!
  • Weigh and record weight.
  • De-worm with Safeguard/Panacur at 50mg/kg ( .5cc/kg) by mouth and repeat in ten days.

Below are sample of the produst listed above:

Back
Top Bottom