ivermectin and valzeben close together? (spelling off, I'm sure)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BuckNBark Farm, Mar 9, 2013.

1. BuckNBark Farm

BuckNBark Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Trenton, GA
    Hi. I recently wormed my Silkies with Ivermectin (spell) about a month ago (did both doses). Had also wormed them with it about 3 months before because I was very hesitant, and thought maybe it didn't "take. My chickens are underweight.I have to get a scale to see for sure, but you can feel their blade of breast bone. They are 9 month old Silkies. The Phoenix that lives with them is fine. My silkie pullets always have poop-butts (cockerel doesn't so much). Anyway, I've tried many feeds (gradually), and it's not helping. Someone suggested Valzabine (spell) and them some Safeguard. Is it ok to worm them with this after using Ivermectin last month? Thanks!
    pa- have never seen worms in the poop. Only symptoms are skinny and poopy butts on the pullets.

Thanks again! Please don't fuss at me!

Pam Pittman

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Yes, you can use either valbazen or safeguard. Ivermectin is about useless as a wormer in chickens.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I use Safeguard/Panacur (10% fenbendazole, you can use either the liquid or paste). When one of mine is not well this is what I do:

• Thorough exam.
    • Dust for mite/lice with poultry dust even if I cannot see any. I don't use DE because it doesn't work!
    • Weigh and record weight.
    • De-worm with Safeguard/Panacur at 50mg/kg ( .5cc/kg) by mouth and repeat in ten days.

Below are sample of the produst listed above:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BuckNBark Farm

BuckNBark Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Trenton, GA
    Thanks!